Zimmer – September Tape ‘Cinematic’ = It;s Disco on all Planes these days from Belgian groovemeister Zimmer. With his September line-up he brings some seriously smooth grooves in his Horizontal Disco hour.
01. Jessie Ware – Night Light (Perseus reMix)
02. Robin Thicke – Lost Without You (Dublin Aunts Daytime Sex Mix)
03. Inigo & Future Feelings – Cosmo Voyage
04. Fishing Vest – First Standard
05. Jean Claude Gavri – Non Stop
06. Luke Million – Ice Ice Arnie (Cool Party)
07. Bufi – Take It & Feel It
08. Spagna – Easy Lady (Lady Jane & Simon Le Saint Edit)
09. Mirror People – Kaleidoscope
10. Escort – Starlight (RAC reMix)
11. Walker & Royce – Little Things (Dub Mix)
12. Emeron & Fox – Nightmares (Monitor66 reMix)
13. Moonwalk – Girl For You
14. Good Guy Mikesh & Filburt – No Other (Instrumental)
15. Hot Chip – Night & Day (Bufi Dub)
16. Dana Begquist & Peder G – Survive
17. Jonas Rathsman – W4W
18. Jupiter – Juicy Lucy (Zimmer reMix)
19. Chic – Everybody Dance (Zimmer Rework)
20. The Victoria’s – Tendresse (Acid Washed reMix)
21. Beacon – Feeling’s Gone (Fort Romeau’s Shibuya Edit)
Juicy Lucy (Needs A Boogieman), the title track from awesome French ElectroPop duo Jupiter’s début album is getting s single release this week, in all it’s Moog Funk glory. It’s accompanied by an absolutely stunning reMix package.
It;s hard to say Juicy Lucy (Needs A Boogieman) was one of the standouts of the album, when the album contained nearly one-hundred percent killer tracks, but it certainly was one of the tracks that sticks in your head, with it’s twisted P-Funk bassline and infectiously catchy chorus. It’s the prefect mix of sweet ElectroPop and warm French Disco. Our girl Little Boots delivers a majestic reMix that mixes up a deep 90s House vibe with a few Cosmic elements. Vicky brings a hypnotic dancefloor groove, layered with and uplifting piano hook and some great robo-vocoding. Punks Jump Up go down the warped Disco route with their reMix, the funky squelch bass powering the track along and commanding you to dance amidst the piercing synth stabs. Belgian angled Disco-meister Zimmer takes us down a Kraftwerk meets Moroder road with his take on the track. A deep electronic, at times Acidic pulse, that belies some seriously beautiful melodies.
Vertical Disco? What the hell is Vertical Disco? Here’s me just coming to terms with Horizontal Disco when one of our favourite Frenchmen Zimmer, Horizontal Disco king, goes all 90° on us and drops a big chunk of upright boogie.
A long time staple of his DJ sets, Zimmer has unleashed his edit of Chic‘s absolute classic Everybody Dance. Sucking the hook right out of the track and emphasising it to it’s fullest effect, Zimmer truly gets the art of the Edit right. Taking the immediately recognisable groove and tweaking it to dancefloor perfection. It’s an Reworking that would have made the disco pioneers of the Edit proud. Now, I think, it’s time we prepare for Diagonal Disco. Y’know, just so we aren’t taken by surprise.
Remember Belgian outfit Montevideo’s Horses from back in February? A track that combined a New York Disco feel (no doubt helped by recording at DFA’s studio) with an Italo feel. The band are currently working on their new release, but in the meantime they, and Discotexas, are giving ways two new reMixes of Horses to tide us over until their second album drops.
First premièred on his last mixtape is Zimmer reMix. A burbling Disco tune that piles on the Cosmic elements and it’s fair share of cowbell. Pure Horizontal Disco, as Zimmer would term it, the track runs with bubbling analog bass and frantic percussion on a galactic trip that deserves an Animé video. The second reMix comes from Discotexas core trio of Moullinex, Xinobi & Mr. Mitsuhirato who kick of with a reverby 909 beat and proceed to fold an ‘90’s House vibe into a European Disco groove, the result is pretty unique and pretty captivating. Totally a track to get lost in.
Zimmer – June Tape ‘Tobogan’ = Tobogan is French Analog Disco producer Zimmer’s latest mixtape. This month it’s a hour of deep Disco with a Tropical flavour for the coming warm weather. Laid back beats and luscious grooves rule all.
01. Bon Iver – Towers (Slow Hands Cover)
02. Bronx – I’ll Be Loving You
03. Rick Astley – Never Gonna Give You Up (Drop Out Orchestra Dub)
04. Van She – Jamaica (Plastic Plates reMix)
05. ColeCo – Ricky Smiley
06. Chordashian – Illusions
07. Little Boots – Headphones (Moon Boots reMix)
08. Dublin Aunts – Heartbreak Reputation (LNTG Found A Groove reMix)
09. Montevideo – Horses (Zimmer reMix)
10. Bit Funk – It Ain’t Easy
11. Cassian – I Love It
12. Jonas Rathsman – Since I Don’t Have You
13. The Faint – Battlehymn For Children (Tensnake Dub)
14. Para One (Feat. Teki Latex) – Lean On Me
15. Poolside Music – Slow Down
16. Giselle – Silk (Cosmic Kids reMix)
Zimmer – May Mixtape ‘Sage Paradis‘ = It’s this months mixtape from Zimmer loaded with some of the best laid back Disco from the past couple of months. The tracklist drops tommorw, but we can tell you there is one of two track in there that we’ve been excited about for a while. This tape is perfect listening if this scorching weather is making you lazy.
Zimmer – April Mixtape ‘Desert Drive‘ = Zimmer must be knackered! It only seems like a couple of weeks ago he dropped his March tape, then he released the reMix EP of ‘Horizontal Disco’, now he;s straight back on the horse with this new mix. The ‘Desert Drive’ has a slightly relaxed feel to it, full of chilled, dreamy Disco. It’s all dirty rolling basslines and soaring synths. Sit back and enjoy.
01. Zimmer – Cruisin’ (Lou Teti reMix)
02. Neighbour – You Can Do It
03. Chordashian – Black Eye
04. Lou Teti – Love It (Dublin Aunts Rework)
05. Monitor 66 – Triscuits
06. Moon Boots – Got Somebody
07. Alpine – Hands (Goldroom reMix)
08. Only Children – Down Fever
09. Munk & Peaches – You Can’t Run From My Love
10. Sebastien Tellier – Cochon Ville (Hey Champ! reMix)
11. Lauer – Trainmann (Tensnake Franceman Mix)
12. Housse De Racket – Chateau (Mickey reMix)
13. Balla – Montra (Moullinex reMix)
14. Zebra and Snake – Money In Heaven (Helsinki 78 82 reMix)
15. Dimitri From Paris & DJ Rocca (Feat. Hard Ton) – Pretty Baby
16. Kennedy – Karate (Tronik Youth Edit)
17. Zimmer(Feat. Jeremy Glenn) – Slave To Your Heart (Xinobi reMix)
18. Mercury (Feat. Christopher McCay) – Running Back To You
19. M83 – Reunion (Mylo reMix)
20. Duff Disco – Over To The Left
This weekend saw the release of synthetic Disco maestro Zimmer’s ‘Horizontal Disco’ reMix EP. The ‘Horizontal Disco’ EP was one of many Discotexas highlights of 2011 and has, suitably, been given of top quality reMix package.
The highlight of the EP, for us, comes from American cosmic Boogie expert Moon Boots. His version of ‘Bay Bridge’ combines Moon Boots usual spaced-out Tropical flavour with a robotic bass and some bright, shining synths for a more electronic sound that we’re used to from him, but from it’s galactic groove to it’s vintage riffs, it’s a killer track. Elsewhere on the EP we get Broke One dropping a deep deep deep ‘90’s House vibe with rounded bass and a nice swing. Gomma’s Moullinex bring his playful Mediterranean Disco sound to the table with his version of ‘Looking At You’ complete with squelchy little synth riffs and a nostalgia inducing electric piano hook. Xinobi brings us back to the ‘90’s House-fest with his hand-in-the-air track that could have easily seen play at The Haçienda in the circa 1991. Also on board is the Lou Teti reMix we featured last week. These days we don;t expect anything less than the best from Discotexas, but it’s comforting to know they haven’t disappointed yet.
♫ Zimmer – Bay Bridge (Moon Boots reMix)
♫ Zimmer (Feat. Jeremy Glenn) – Slave To Your Heart (Broke One reMix)
♫ Zimmer – Looking At You (Moullinex reMix)
♫ Zimmer (Feat. Jeremy Glenn) – – Slave To Your Heart (Xinobi reMix)
Zimmer’s ‘Horizontal Disco’ EP was one of the highlights of the latter half of last year. Now Discotexas far going for a second win with the soon-to-be-released ‘Horizontal Disco reMixes’.
Lou Teti contribution to the EP is this smooth sunset reMix of ‘Crusin’’ that plays on the originals riff amidst a beautiful, chilled out, Disco groove. The laid back solo really is something you need to hear. The EP will also boast reMixes from the likes of Moullinex, Broke One, Jeremy Glenn, Moon Boots, Xinobi and Mercury, that’s quite a line up. This collection drops in April, not only on digital but on a transparent 12” limited to 200 copies.
Zimmer – March Mixtape ‘Living Large’ = It’s Zimmer mixtape time! Still pushing the Horizontal Disco Zimmer lays down an hour of smooth and sexy electronic Nu-Disco sounds. The mix includes three unreleased Horizontal Disco reMixes, to be released in April on Discotexas.