This week’s capsule of Synthesizer Zen, to carry you into the weekend, comes from a tour of the Roland System 100.
Video courtesy of YouTube user Bjorn Fogelberg.
Black Magic Disco – Disco Summer = Inspired by the first hints of good weather of the year, Black Magic Disco has put together a sunshine soundtrack crammed full with some of the hottest tracks around right now. This one is an hour of power indeed.
♫ Black Magic Disco – Disco Summer
01. Fouk – Kill Frenzy (Original Mix)
02. Purple Disco Machine – Magic (Original Mix)
03. Gregory Porter – Liquid Spirit (Claptone reMix)
04. Chesus – Special (HNNY Edit)
05. Gene Farris – The Way To Go (Jay Vegas reMix)
06. Julien Jabre – Sun Is Back (Original Mix)
07. Justin Faust – Bird Of Paradise (Original Mix)
08. Mateo & Matos – Body ‘N’ Soul (Ian Pooley’s Soul Mix)
09. Purple Disco Machine – Where We Belong (Original Mix)
10. Late Nite Tuff Guy – Do U Wanna Get Down? (Original Mix)
Buy Black Magic Disco’s music from:
Viceroy – Summertime All The Time Vol. 01 = Kick start your summer with the latest mixtape from San Francisco groover Viceroy with this sunshine hour of Nu-Disco, Tropical, House and IndiePop sounds. It’s quite a mix-up of stuff going on, but always keeps it breezy.
01. Client Liaison – Feed The Rhythm
02. Goldroom – Mykonos (Fleet Fox Cover)
03. Hard Rock Sofa & Skidka – Arms Around Me (Tobtok reMix)
04. Nihils – Help Our Souls (Urban Contact reMix)
05. LANY – ILYSB (Ferdinand Weber reMix)
06. Chaka Khan – Miss My Love (Cazzette Bootleg)
07. Philip George – Wish You Were Mine
08. Yolanda Be Cool & DCup – Soul Makossa (Money)
09. Alesso – Cool (Autograf reMix)
10. ??? – ???
11. Earth Wind & Fire -September (Wolfskind & Mokoa Bootleg)
12. Giuliano Rascan – Desires (SYRE reMix)
13. Fetty Wap – Trap Queen (Slaptop reMix)
14. Sam Feldt – Show Me Love (EDX reMix)
15. King Arthur (Feat. Michael Meaco) – Belong To The Rhythm (Don Diablo Edit)
16. Alex Adair – Make Me Feel Better (Don Diablo & CID reMix)
17. Gigamesh – The Music
18. Milky Chance – Flashed Junk Mind (Two Friends reMix)
19. Alex Schulz – Ways
Buy Viceroy’s music from:
Nude Disco – Selections Vol. 2 = To celebrate the impending release of Nude Disco’s Selections Vol. 2 compilation album, Vern has put together this cheeky little MiniMix of the album that really highlights it’s Italo-Disco excellence.
01. Ben Macklin – Total
02. Italo Brutalo & Volt Age – High Fidelity
03. LosBikini – La Pista
04. Nude Disco – Associate
05. Nude Disco – Of U
06. Baltazar B – Ficus
07. Sometimes – Sample & Hold
08. AIMES – The Night is Young
09. Auxiliary Tha Masterfader – Disco Machine
10. Boysinadisco (Feat. Sara Williams) – Come Back To Me
11. Foreign Boy – Dance Like A Light (Gold Spectacles reMix)
12. Jules Schimmer – Soar
13. The Sanfernando Sound – The World Was Ours
14. Sunnysunday – Disco Knights
Buy Nude Disco’s music from:
As we mentioned yesterday, the awesome Nude Disco posse is getting ready to unleash their second label compilation; Nude Disco Selections Vol. 2, a must for fans of a modern take on classic Italo Disco. Yesterday we premièred Jules Schimmer’s contribution to the release, today we can unveil another member of electronic rumors’ extended family The Sanfernando Sound’s offering. Here is The World Was Ours.
The Sanfernando Sound makes a break from his enigmatic and edgy recent track record to serve up a shimmering slice of summery Italo gold. The World Was Ours roll along powered by a shockingly infectious bassline that underpins a plethora of lush synths and starlight melodies. Sprinkled over this delicious dancefloor cake are electro toms, a cheeky vocal sample and orchestral hits. Now, if you’re a long time reader of this webzine you will be well aware of our opinion about orchestral hits; they make everything better, the make everything perfect, so The Sanfernando Sound had is at the first hit. Funky fresh fun.
♫ The Sanfernando Sound – The World Was Ours
Nude Disco Selections Vol. 2 is released 1st June.
Buy The Sanfernando Sound’s music from:
Here is the video for Believe, the current single from Maya Jane Coles’ dubby alter-ego; Nocturnal Sunshine. The track, taken from her just released self-titled début album, features a soulful vocal from London vocalist Chelou against the warm bassy sounds.,
The clip, directed by The Fashtons, is a kaleidoscopic, and slightly creepy, study.
Nocturnal Sunshine’s self-titled début album is released 25th May.
Buy Nocturnal Sunshine’s music from:
The Reason EP is Housemeister Le Visiteur’s second release for MiGHty mOUse’s label Nightfilm Music. It’s a three track affair from the Scottish Producer/DJ/Blogger and to mark the release Nightfilm are giving one of the tracks away Scot free (don’t judge me!). Will She Be There? enlists the help of Nick Paterson from Edinburgh duo Neon Liston on vocal duties and delivers some nicely un-pretentious and bouncy club sounds.
Based around a springy Disco bassline, Will She Be There? precariously straddles both Disco and House while putting an easy-going, stripped down twist on both. Solid beats and a nostalgic hook are intercut with warm pads and attention holding flourishes while Paterson gives it his smoothest vocal all (including a (presumably unintentional) hilarious “get her booty on the floor tonight” line). If you’re like us then you’ll be saving up this tune, and indeed the whole EP, for the weekend. Fingers crossed for good weather, ‘cos this is sunshine, shades on, music and worth your attention.
Le Visiteur’s Reason EP is out now.
Buy Le Visiteur’s music from:
Brixton based Nu-Disco collective Nude Disco are gearing up for the release of their second label compilation. Nude Disco Selections Vol. 2 is set for release at the start of next month and will be a tasty snapshot of the kind of Italo Disco goodness we’ve come to expect from the label and it’s Brixton nightclub home. Sitting loud and proud on this storming collection is this little gem from long time friend of electronic rumors Jules Schimmer. It’s his first new tune in quite a while, it’s called Soar, and you can grab your exclusive first listen below.
Mr. Schimmer serves up as emotional and heartfelt electronic as we’ve ever heard with Soar. It’s a fitting title as the tune is warm and uplifting with comfortable retro Italo and House grooves playing out inspiring chord progressions. Like a mid-90s euphoric Trance tune played by a late-80s House producer, Soar is pleasingly nostalgic with a sunrise rush. That lead hook worms it’s way into your brain and stats with you four hours after you’ve finished listening, and with a hook like that, that’s no bad thing. There’s nothing not to like about this one.
♫ Jules Schimmer – Soar
Nude Disco Selections Vol. 2 is released 1st June
Check out more from Jules Schimmer on SoundCloud.
Unlike their most recent offering, Bang That, the surprise new offering from Disclosure is actually from their forthcoming sophomore album. Holding On is the first single from the new full length record, which is due out in the vague area of ‘before the end of the year’ and comes equipped with a smooth vocal from Grammy award winning singer Gregory Porter. Check it our below (in a squished official YouTube stream, ‘cos the SoundCloud stream is only a minute and a half. We’ll never understand some of these decisions…)
Holding On has us eagerly awaiting the new album. This one adds a little Garage skip into the Disclosure sound. Keeping up the neo-UK Deep House-whatever synths, peppered with a little early 90s House vibe, Disclosure serve up what is surely bound to be another live crowd pleaser while Porters soulful, warm, vocals tie the track together nicely. Warping synths ahoy!
♫ Disclosure (Feat. Gregory Porter) – Holding On
Disclosure’s Holding On is out now.
Buy Disclosure’s music from: