Human Life shrug off the catchy Pop of the original here, in favour of some deep House vibes. The pitched down vocals actually do impart a mysterious, soulful, quality to the performance which suits the moody ‘90’s House sound well. taking the track in a completely different direction to the Shook or Kartell reMixes, the ‘E-Returns’ reMix is pure late night dancefloor stuff, for those early hours when you can totally loose yourself.
‘Don’t Fade Away’ is what Human Life do best. Summery, catchy ElectroPop with a feel good factor and a slight edge. Driven by piercing synths and call-and-response male & female vocals, ‘Don’t Fade Away’ is a pretty simple, stripped down version of SynthPop, but the simplicity really works and and allows the song to breathe. The consistently amazing Shook contributes a reMix to the single, brining his highly technical Nu-Disco to the table, creating a smooth jam that changes the mood of the vocals into something more relaxed and let’s Shooks musical talent shine. Kartell also chooses to drop a chilled groove,. There’s more of a beach vibe to this one, it’s ‘Don’t Fade Away’ tropical style.
Toronto’s Brilliantine records have given us the first taste of what to expect from the highly anticipated new release from Norway’s Pelifics.
The collection of collaborations is split over two EPs due out in February and March. March’s release will contain tracks featuring JD Samson (Le Tigre/MEN), AXXE and Miss Plug Inn, while next months EP holds one track featuring Electric Youth and this flip side, ‘Can’t Promise Anything’ featuring Human Life. ‘Can’t Promise Anything’ is driven by a Funked our digital bassline that makes for a sparse ElectroPop backing for Human Life’s impassioned vocal duet. It’s a tantalising hint of what promises to be an exciting collection of tracks.
♫ Pelifics (Feat. Human Life) – Can’t Promise Anything
As you know by now their Housey ElectroPop anthem ‘In It Together’ is being re-released with new reMixes from Frankie Knuckles, The Shapeshifters & Louie Fresco. Hopefully this will be Human Life’s well deserved breakthrough track. Check the video, which you’ve seen before, but check it again anyway, it’s aged well.
To celebrate the release Human Life are giving you the hands-in-the-air ‘Uptown’ to keep, for your very own, in exchange for your solemn oath that you’ll nip off and purchase the single. I told them electronic rumors readers are peeps of their word. Don’t make me a liar.
01. Niki & The Dove – Gentle Roar (Mylo Extended 12″ reMix)
02. Jeremy Glenn – New Life (Perseus ‘Summer of 83′ reMix)
03. Nicolas Jaar – Shakedown
04. SebastiAn – Arabest
05. Tom Noble – Sleepininmybed
06. Modern Amusement – Cold As Ice (Louie Fresco reMix)
07. Beni – It’s A Bubble (The Magician reMix)
08. Stone – Time (Dub)
09. The Miracles Club – Light Of Love (Cut Copy Re-Vision)
10. Teenage Mutants (Feat. Stereophil) – Bangla (The Coconut Wireless reMix)
11. Justin Faust – Girl Talk
12. Kylie Minogue – Put Your Hands Up (Pete Hammond reMix)
13. Teenage Bad Girl – X Girl (Alan Braxe Instrumental)
14. Theophilus London – Flying Overseas (Soul Clap EFunk Mix)
15. Lee Foss – Keep My Cool
16. Jim E-Stack – Lemme
17. LBCK – Instant Party
18. Lifelike – Motion
19. Marble Players (Para One, Surkin & Bobmo) – Let You Go
20. Bit Funk – She’s Got 2 Hearts
21. Jensen Sportag – Everything Good
22. Benoit & Sergio – Principles
23. Diddy Dirty Money – I Hate That You Love Me (Sinden Edit)
24. Roy Davis Jr. (Feat. J Noize & Kaye Fox) – Enjoy The Ride (Human Life reMix)
25. Rogerseventytwo – You Take Me Higher
26. Human Life – Uptown
27. Human Life – In It Together (Frankie Knuckles Director’s Cut Signature Togetherness reMix)
28. Bingo Players – Cry (Just a Little)
29. Nightriders – Get Hooked (Grum reMix)
30. Bastille – Bumpin’
31. Yelle – Que Veux-Tu (Eumig & Chinon Poppy reMix)
Part 2 – Nighttime
01. LOL Boys – LDR
02. Sygaire & Josh Winiberg – Nobody Gets Nothing
03. Mario Basanov – Lonely Days
04. Azari & III – Hungry For The Power (Art Department reMix)
05. Logic System – Clash (DJ Harvey reMix)
06. The Rapture – How Deep Is Your Love?
07. Dan Berkson – Anything For You
08. Todd Terje – Ragyish
09. Stuffa – Proof (Wolf + Lamb reMix)
10. Metronomy – The Bay (Erol Alkan Re-Edit)
11.Peter & The Magician – Twist
12. Classixx – Into The Valley (Julio Bashmore reMix)
13. Inxec & Mark Chambers – O’ So (Maya Jane Coles reMix)
14. Nick Monaco – Boom Soul (Manare Remix)
15. Human Life – In It Together (Human Life’s Club reMix)
16. House Of Gypsies – Don’t Let Go
17. Jamie Jones, Lee Foss & Hot Natured (Feat. Ali Love) – Forward Motion
18. Tensnake – Something About You
19. dOP – Your Sex
20. Jesper Dahlback – Cvan
21. Housquare – Chicago (Human Life reMix)
22. Gesaffelstein – Aufstand
23. Dr. Gonzo – Bust Dem Up (French Fries reMix)
24. Cee-Lo Green – I Want You (Redlight reMix)
25. Myd – Octodip
26. Sound Pellegrino Thermal Team (Teki Latex & Orgasmic) – Bassface
Mason and Róisín Murphy’s ‘Boadicea’ is finally out! It seems like ages it’s been slated for release.
The reMix package for the single boasts an awesome line up, including the amazing Evil nine and this killer mix by some of our favourite LA ElectroPoppers Human Life, who appear to have gone for the full on Chicago House workout, complete with massive stabs and acid burbling. If anything can be said about this reMix it’s that it’s fun as hell and commands you to move your feet!
♫ Mason (Feat. Róisín Murphy) – Boadicea (Human Life Dub)
While Oliver $’s reMix is a deep, deep, deep techy House track that is aimed squarely at late night dancefloor action.
A while back Melbourne based international Electro duo Polygon Palace stepped up for reMixing duties on Human Life’s single ‘In It Together’, now the Californian ElectroPop heroes are returning the favour.
Polygon Palace’s new single, ‘We Have a visual’ is “a hard-hitting tune on the topic of vampire-hunting robots and cross-dimensional hedonism (with synths)” which, frankly, is as awesome as it sounds. It’s an Electro Sci-Fi epic, and Human Life take it to the next level. Bringing their massive 80’s synth sounds to the table Human Life take the track to it’s funkiest conclusion, This is pure dancefloor ElectroPop genius. Y’all defiantly need to be keeping an eye on Human Life in 2011!
Here’s another track a couple of weeks old that I’m posting, just because.
All of LA’s favourite SynthPoppers Human Life’s latest single, ‘Wherever We Are’ is pretty awesome, the original and the well chosen reMixes make the whole package well worth your investigation. The Nightriders reMix is one of the highlights, a smooth Nu-Disco jam with an added deepness, this is a late night/early morning tune if ever I heard one. This mix is like your comedown from a night of hard Electro, when this is playing you’ve got no worries!
Aeroplane and Grum are diggin’ them, Alan Braxe is working with them. everybody seems to love LA ElectroPoppers Human Life. The attention is well deserved too, their forthcoming second single, ‘In It Together’, is an almighty clash of Nu-Disco basslines, 8-bit sounds, 80’s synth chords, 90’s House keys and Disco vocals.
Check the video, a crazy costumed scavenger hunt, directed by Dan Brophy
Acid Girls and Polygon Palace are just two of the big names contributing to the reMix package (alongside the likes of Louis La Roche and Kris Menace). Both have amped up the 90’s house feel, Acid Girls Electro-ing things up with a wonky bassline and Polygon Palace taking a more Nu-Disco route under that lead line.
LA based Electro-Indie-Rock duo Jump Jump Dance Dance are releasing their début single, ‘Show Me The Night’ on 26th March, and it’s a catchy party track with an LCD Soundsystem crossed with The Whip feel to it.
The single contains some great reMixes. Grum looks like he’s got his eyes on Russ Chimes’ constantly-amazing-nu-disco-remixes crown as he’s pumping out fantastic mix after mix and this one is no exception with a killer bassline and retro synths. ElectroPop newcomers Human Life turn in this hazy, summery, Disco tune that kicks into some old school rave chords.