ATTAR! – M!X#9 = ATTAR!’s latest mix! that;s just what the doctor ordered. An engaging hour of soulful electronic and Disco awesomeness. The most interesting point being ATTAR!’s own reMix of out second favourite Giorgio Moroder track, From Here To Eternity, to be released in the coming weeks.
01. Flume (Feat. Jezzabell Doran) – Sleepless 02. Major Lazer – Get Free (Adriatique’s Lazers Never Die Rework) 03. Manik (Feat. Jeremy Glenn) – Parasol 04. Paul Weller – That Dangerous Age (Battle Of The Zoo) (Fossa Mix) 050. Pompeya – Power (Zimmer reMix) 06. Mickey (Feat. Billie) – Weekend 07. Theatre Of Delays – Sophie 08. Alex Metric – Rave Weapon (Aeroplane ‘Droid’ reMix) 09. Punks Jump Up & Dubka – Feels Good 10. Giorgio Moroder – From Here To Eternity (ATTAR! reMix) 11. Michoacan – D.S.S.G. (Dubka reMix) 12. Aeroplane (Feat. Jamie Principle) – In Her Eyes (Louis La Roché reMix) 13. Two Door Cinema Club – Sun (Alex Metric reMix)
It’s weird to think that Folivora Parade is Belgian Nu-Disco guru ATTAR!’s début single. Coming equipped with the credentials of being one half of excellent analog Disco duo Mustang, ATTAR! has been wowing is for the past year with a succession of well-received mixtapes and some of the best reMixes of the past twelve months. Adamski, The Gossip, Citizens! and Appaloosa can all count themselves amongst those who have been graced with ATTAR!’s smooth electronic grooves.
But now the time has come for the man to unleash his first original release on the world. We’ve heard snippets of Folivora Parade before, and now it;s out in all it’s glory. For free too. It’s a laid back, Tropical jam that drops some nice late ‘80’s House elements into the mix. Adding some steel drum like leads and 727 sounding percussion to the tune brings the island feel, but that’s held on a European House base alongside some mysterious synth tones in the background. All this results in a track with real depth and an interesting opening salvo.
ATTAR!– M!X#8 = Wow, ATTAR! puts so much work into his mixtapes, it’s not all really obvious stuff, and the last track, a special ATTAR! edit is something special. Expect over an hour of deep Housey grooves and bassy Disco sounds.
01. Spagna – Easy Lady (Lady Jane & Simon Le Saint Edit)
02. Baby Prince (Feat. Lonely C.) – Nobody (Miguel Campbell Club Mix)
03. Shindu – Just Go
04. Hot Chip – How Do You Do? (Todd Terje reMix)
05. Booka Shade – Tomorrow Belongs To Us (Extended Version)
06. Ry & Frank Wiedemann – Howling (Âme reMix)
07. Martin Dawson (Feat. Roland Clark ) – Back To The Future (Monte reMix)
08. Duke Dumont – The Giver
09. Stephane Deschezeaux – Changes
10. Karin Park – Thousand Loaded Guns (Southern Cross)
11. L.V. (Feat. Kim Wild) – The Nights Without Kim Wild (A! Edit)
ATTAR!– M!X#7 = ATTAR! is back and raring to go. This new mixtape sees the man no only dropping the freshest tracks, but also digging up some gems from the past and giving the the A! edit treatment. There’s a nice surprise in there too!
01. Simple Minds – Seeing Out the Angel (Instrumental re<ix)
02. Will Powers – Adventures In Success (A! Edit)
03. Zazu Is Frank Zander – Captain Starlight (A! Edit)
04. D Train – Thank You (Dub Mix (A! Edit))
05. Bombers – Dance Dance Dance (12″ Version (A! Edit))
06. George Kranz – Din Daa Daa (Original Version 1983)
07. Jago – I’m Going to Go (Frankie Knuckles reMix)
08. **** – Folivora Parade (Demo. Version)
09. Wool – Purple Ohm
10. Tiger Stripes – This Man (M.A.N.D.Y. Vs. LOPAZZ Edit)
11. Tyson – Mr Rain (Claptone reMix)
12. Chicken Lips – Do It Proper (Justin Robertson reMix)
13. Danny Tennaglia (Feat. Celeda) – Music Is The Answer (Extended 12” (A! Edit))
14. Arnold Jarvis – Take Some Time Out
15. Wulf Ticket – The Key
ATTAR! – M!X#6 = Hold tight for the sixth instalment of ATTAR!’s mixtape series. the freshest House and Nu-Disco is presented here including some of the incredible Lovelock and ATTARI!’s own reMixes for Adamski and The Gossip.
01. Psychemagik – Star Lazer (Original Mix)
02. Lee Foss – Brooklyn In The House (Original Mix)
03. Lovelock – New Age of Christ (Original Mix)
04. Chris Malinchak – Fuego (Original Mix)
05. LPZ – 1983 (Original Mix)
06. Gossip – Picture Perfect World (ATTAR! reMix)
07. Mercury – Son House (Martin Dawson reMix)
08. Pulp Disco & The Outcasts – Space Dust (Original Mix)
09. Baio – Sunburn Modern
10. Christophe – Rock Monsieur (Simon Says Edit)
11. Adamski – I Like It (ATTAR! reMix)
ATTAR! – M!X#5 = Boom! Joakim’s reMix of Aeroplane’s ‘Caramellas’ followed by Todd Terje’s reMix of Joakim’s ‘Nothing Gold’. That’s the kind of fresh insanity you should expect on ATTAR!’s newest mix which, we might add, are coming out at such a rate now that M!X#6 looks like it will be out last Thursday.
01. Nicholas – Without You
02. Loudery – Just A Little Bit
03. Duffstep – Backseat (Duff Disco reMix)
04. Arcade Fire – Sprawl II (Soulwax reMix)
05. Aeroplane – Caramellas (Joakim reMix)
06. Joakim – Nothing Gold (Todd Terje reMix)
07. Kellerkind – Disco On The Dancefloor
08. Xinobi – Bronze
09. Polydor – The Future Past (ATTAR! reMix)
10. Osunlade – Envision (Chocolare Puma rEMix)
11. Psychemagik – Carnaval De Trancoso
“Hi, I’m the Belgian label-boss of Midnight Munchies and also produce under the name Polydor, I’m going to be sued very very soon but until that happens I’m going to release an awesome EP of weird and deep House music and include a storming reMix from ATTAR!. I should have taken notes from him, two ‘T’s and a ‘!’ and no-one’s suing him!”
‘The Future Past’ is Polydor’s team up with singer Gustaph for a bit of abrasive ElectroPop action with massive House undertones and laser synth awesomeness, but ATTAR! takes the deep House weirdness one notch further. He brings a moody Moroder groove to the track too, putting his Disco background to good use while littering it with Acid and Progressive references. When the hypnotic vocals chant “Something’s coming, are you ready?” amongst ATTAR!’s BladeRunner city streets beats, you really feel like the future is crashing down on you. Either that or you’re lost in music on a strobe lit dancefloor. Same thing really.
ATTAR! certainly is making a statement with his first back of solo reMixes, letting us all know what we can expect form him in future, and this mix of Greek Nu-Disco producer Nteibint’s forthcoming single ‘Morning Breeze’ helps to set the tone.
Everything about this mix, from the jump up percussion to the epic synth solos is so meticulously crafter. ATTAR!’s attention to detail, and the lining of his tracks with complex, intertwining programming makes him rise to the top of the pack. Combining a Disco groove with his deep 80’s analog sounds is becoming his trademark, and one we hope to hear a lot more from, it’s an awesome combination.
ATTAR! – M!X#4 = There’s some seriously fresh cuts on ATTAR!’s new mixtape, some very interesting stuff to including a new A.N.D.Y. mix. The mix is crammed with deep synthesizer grooves and the whole things has a slightly Sci-fi quality.
01. Jimi After – Isadora
02. Mike Salta – Escape From Rico Bay
03. Falko Brocksieper – Emotional Support
04. Telonius – Out
05. Sébastien Tellier – Cochon Ville (Hey Champ! reMix)
06. Jupiter – My One O Six (A.N.D.Y (Home Mastering) reMix)
07. Jeremy Glenn – Box Life
08. Amirali – Beautiful World
09. Kris Menace & KoweSix – eFeel
10. Black Box – Ride On Time (Garage Mix)
11. The Kindness – Cyan
What happens when you get more than one band with an exclamation point in their name together? Is that like dividing by zero? Well, hold on to something just in case 50% of mustang, ATTAR!, is reMixing London Indie-ElectroPop crew and Kitsuné’s new darlings, Citizens!. !!!.
There’s a nice meeting of two things that are a perfect fit going on here. First there is Renaud Deru deep, analog sounding, stripped down Disco, which draws it’s groove DNA from ‘80’s dance, then there is Citizens!’s singer Tom’s slick ‘80’s vocal style, part Gary Numan, part Peter Murphy. The meeting of the two seems like a match made in heaven. This is glorious retroPop at it’s finest.