Well, it certainly been a while since we heard form our Dreamwave friends Walter Sobcek, not since the start of this year have we heard a new track from them, but they haven’t been sitting around waiting their time it seems. Some of the fruits of their absence is right here in the form of this dreamy reMix of French artist Sebastien Schuller’s ‘Nightlife’.
Immediately we remember exactly what we loved about Walter Sobcek ad they take just four minutes to carry you away to far-off Cosmic locales. Warm, resonant, synth tones, ringing melodies set against gently guitar and a steady Italo bassline. I finished off that pervious sentence about an hour ago and have just been sat here, with headphones on, listening to this track on repeat, it’s like a music daydream. A swirling mist of beautiful sounds and electronic beats, half heard vocals and a rolling synthetic choir of synths. Oh, and the wicked solo just adds an all new dimension of epic just when you aren’t expecting it. Amazing stuff, we’re so glad these guys are back.
Walter Sobcek have just put together a video for the track ‘Hollywood Cries’, taken from their awesome ‘Miami’ EP of last year.
The B-side to the title track of the EP, ‘Hollywood Cries’ was no less impressive slick Dreamwave. Lazy La nights brilliance with a passing nod to Bronski Beat. The video, a homage to lives crushed by the Hollywood meat grinder is pretty brutal viewing.
Gotye and Kimbra’s ‘Somebody That I Used To Know’, remixed to death? Yes. My first instinct is to ignore new reMixes of this track that land in out inbox. It’s done now, get over it, it;s too late to jump on the ‘Somebody That I Used To Know’ train. However, I find it very hard to ignore emails from Walter Sobcek, and I’m glad I didn’t.
Their reMix of the track is just really nice, there’s no other way to say it. Sure, we’ve all heard the song enough to last a lifetime, but Walter Sobcek’s laid back beach Disco is a smooth and toting such an addictive groove that you end up just kinda’ sinking into the track. Once again Walter Sobcek proving why they are at top of the Dreamwave pile.
Walter Sobcek – The March Tape ‘The Return Of The Knight Of Love’ = The Sobcek guys get soulful with their latest mixtape, just over half an hour of funky, smooth grooves including a couple of our favourite tunes.
♫ Walter Sobcek – The March Tape ‘The Return Of The Knight Of Love’
01. Moon Boots – Bills To Pay
02. Sam Padrul – Let’s Make History
03. Beck & Charlotte Gainsbourg – Paradisco (Le Crayon reMix)
04. School Of Seven Bells – Lafaye (Scissor Sisters reMix)
05. Grouplove – Tongue Tied (Gigamesh reMix)
06. Gemini Club – By Surprise
07. Whitney Houston X Chromeo – When The Night Knows
08. Walter Sobcek – Miami (Allen Walker Re-Write)
09. LeSale – Time After Time After Time
10. Late NightTuff Guy – Not In Love Anymore
11. The Doors – An American Prayer/Ghost Song (Domes’ Instrumental Edit)
12. Tangerine Dream – Love On A Real Train (Club Silencio Edit)
01. Walter Sobcek – Miami (Kido Yoji reMix)
02. 2 Guys In Venice – Cookies
03. Fallulah – I Lay My Head (Shook reMix)
04. Timex Social Club – Rumors
05. Perseus – Running Back To You
06. Nile Rodgers – Yum-Yum
07. James Blake – The Wilhelm Scream (Poindexter reMix)
08. Aeroplane – Save Me Now (Original Mix)
09. Joe Goddard – Gabriel
10. Feist – Inside & Out (Hannes Fischer Edit)
11. Kolombo – Waiting For
12. Deee-Lite – Groove Is In The Heart (Gigamesh reMix)
13. Larry Heard A.K.A. Mr Fingers – Can You Feel It? (Vocal Mix)
14. The Sound Diggers – B! My Revolution
15. O’jays – Put Our Heads Together
16. Oliver – Memories Of The Future (Original Mix)
17. Mord Fustang – Milky Way (Kachas Space Journey reMix)
18. Yazoo – Situation
19. Viceroy – Paradise
We love it when a song and video work together perfectly. this is the case with this new video for Walter Sobcek’s ‘Miami’.
The track is a few months old now, but this new video, directed by Diane Sagnier, perfectly captures the chilled, beach, ElectroPop track’s mood featuring model Alice Rausch living it up in the city. It’s a beautifully shot, soft focus, dream of the good life.
01. Tesla Boy – In Your Eyes (Volta Cab Mix)
02. Walter Sobcek – Miami (Pharao Black Magic reMix)
03. Wang Chung – Dance Hall Days (Psychemagik´s Leg Warmer Edit)
04. D-Pulse – Velocity Of Love (Mario Basanov reMix)
05. Cadillac – Blue Skies
06. Vladimir Cosma – Medecins De Nuit
07. Lana Del Rey – Video Games (Kill Them With Colour reMix)
08. The Chromatics – Killing Spree And Sweat (Oscar F Edit)
09. Sare Havlicek – Vibe On You (Sare’s 115 BPM Edit)
10. Flight Facilities (Feat. Jess) – Foreign Language (Beni reMix)
11. Zoo Look – Holdin’ On
12. The Treatment – We’re Getting Stronger
13. Niki & The Dove – Mother Protect (Goldroom reMix)
14. MAM – One Of Them Nights (Alternative Mix)
15. Confection – Save Your Precious Time
16. Mano Le Tough – Let’s Not Talk About Love
17. Steffi – Yours (Hannes Fischer reMix)
18. Keren Ann – My Name Is Trouble (Walter Sobcek reMix)
01. Jean Jacques Smoothie (Feat. Tara Busch) – 2People (DCup reMix)
02. Volta Bureau – Alley Cat (Original Mix)
03. Lifelike With Kris Menace – Discopolis
04. Housse De Racket – Roman (Oliver reMix)
05. The Magician (Feat. Jeppe) – I Don’t Know What To Do (Fabian reMix)
06. Miguel Campbell – Something Special (Original Mix)
07. Lovebirds (Feat. Stee Downes) – Want You In My Soul (Original Mix)
08. Aeroplane – Save Me Now (Original Mix)
09. Cherelle (Feat. Alexander O’Neal) – Saturday Love
10. Ready For The World – Oh Sheila
11. Azealia Banks – 212
12. Greenskeepers – Should I Sing Like This
13. Captain Sensible – Wot 2 35 (Kap10kurt Rework)
14. Justice – Newlands (The Blisters Boyz reMix)
Kido Yoji, 21 years old and probably the most impressive thing to come out of Japan in a while.
Having had a few tracks and reMixes knocking around for the last couple of years, Kido is in a place now to release a full EP on an unsuspecting world. Walking a line where Nu-Disco, Synth Funk and ElectroPop meet Kido masters all three styles and makes it look effortless. The EP’s lead track ‘Call A Romance’ is a smooth meeting of Funk and Disco with a Poppy vocal that on first listen you’d swear came out of LA. Heavy on the electro toms (and you know we love electro toms!) and ‘80’s style synthesizer stabs ‘Call A Romance’ has a groove that’ll see it getting a lot of play. One of our favourite double acts, Walter Sobcek,prove a reMix that takes the track to the next level, probably the stand-out reMix on the EP, the Sobceks rework the track into a reverby, majestic, ElectroPop epic. Blue Satellite also raise the bar with their reMix of ‘More than Real’, a rich Disco track with enough Funk and Talkbox to give Chromeo a run for their money!
♫ Kido Yoji – Call A Romance
♫ Kido Yoji – Call A Romance (Walter Sobcek reMix)
Here it is, the long, long, long awaited new single from French Dreamwave/ElectroPop outfit Walter Sobcek.
‘Miami’ may have been released just as Summer is drawing to a close but within the first minute you’re put straight back into a long summer nights frame of mind. ‘Miami’ is pure, smooth, ElectroPop which leans a surprising amount on acoustic guitar, but this just adds to the hazy nostalgia of the track. Pharao Black Magic are amongst the reMix contributors. their effort brings more of a solid synthesizer Disco vibe to the tune and makes for a nice dancefloor compliment to the originals beach groove.