We haven’t seen that many entries for Heartsrevolution’s ‘Teenage Teardrops’ competition yet but with this mix sent to us by South African producer Who Killed JR? the bar is set pretty high.
Completely changing the sound of the track, WKJR? French Touches things up to 11 and sprinkles on a little RoboPop. This track has it all, a funkin’ bassline, jump out of your seat chord stabs, vocoder action and when all wrapped up words really well with Heartsrevolution’s original. Good work Who Killed JR?.
This is ‘Teenage Teardrops’, the next track from Heartsrevolution’s long awaited new album to see the light of day.
More than just a track though, ‘Teenage Teardrops’ is rearing it’s head as part of a rEMix competition that will see the winner’s track on the next Kitsuné Maison album. How awesome would that be? You can find all the details and stems here. Sticking around electronic rumors, though, you can grab the original as a taste of what to expect from the album, ‘Ride Or Die’. ‘Teenage Teardrops’ sees Heartsrevoluion mixing up some smooth synchs sounds with their catchy as hell ElectroPop noise terror.
♫ Heartsrevolution – Teenage Teardrops
Heartrevolution’s new album, ‘Ride Or Die’ is out soon on Kitsuné Music.
01. Situation Critical (Marilyn Manson – Beautiful People)
02. Heart Vs. Machine (Heartsrevolution – Ride Or Die)
03. White Magic (Future Of Oddities) (Shangri-Las – Out In The Streets/Hayley Mills – Let’s Get Together/Jay-Z – 99 Problems)
04. Life Will Tear us Apart (Joy Division – Love Will Tear us Apart)
05. ID (Investigation Discovery) (John Frusciantea – Fall Thru The Ground/Pink Floyd – Money)
06. Supreme (Interlude) (The Supremes – My World Is Empty Without You/Some John Frusciante Song)
07. Let Freedom Ring For The RX Generation (Love – 7 And 7 Is/Some Drumfill From A Jean Jaques Perry Song)
08. Kill Joy (Screeching Weasel – My Brain Hurts (Lyrics))
09. Cannabliss Into Oz – (Serge Gainsbourg – Cannabis)
10. 6am Rave Song – (A Flock Of Seagull – Space Age Love Song)
We’re still waiting for Heartsrevolution the release their début album, ‘Ride Or Die’, in the meantime they are dropping a new mixtape art the end of the month and this right here is the first track.
The ‘Are We Having Fun Yet?’ mixtape is going to mix up Ben & Lo’s beats with some choice cuts and a couple of new tracks. ‘I.D. (Investigate Discovery)’ is typically glitchy Hearsrevolution with a Hip-Hop edge. There’s never a dull moment with these two!