Figure Of 8 continues his winning streak of reMixes with a new version of Lamb’s track of last year, ‘Butterfly Effect’. The Belfast based producer does something completely different with the track and shows us how a reMix should be done.
If you’re not familiar with Lamb or the original track, Lamb are a left-field, post-Trip-Hop eclectic ElectroPop outfit who’s downtempo beats and atmospheric soundscapes make for excellent chill out listening. ‘Butterfly Effect’ is an almost ethereal slice of Sci-Fi ambiance with icy, distant vocals. Figure Of 8 obviously thought ‘you know what this needs? some retro SynthPop boogie!’, and made it so. The track now resides on dark dancefloors in seedy Soho clubs, driven by a pulsating vintage synth bass and razor sharp lead lines. There’s a few surprising thrown into the mix too, some dubby echo, some great, frantic percussion and the occasional Acid burbling. Figure Of 8 has kept the eclectic feel of a Lamb track, but made it able to rock a dancefloor too.
01. Crystal Fighters – Champion Sound (Psychemagik reMix)
02. Planningtorock – Living It Out (Cosmodelica reMix)
03. TEED – Dream On
04. Charli XCX – Nuclear Seasons (Hackman reMix)
05. Mercury – You Lift Me Up (Catz ‘N’ Dogz No Hope reMix)
06. Arnaud Rebotini – Another time, Another Place (Gucci Vump reMix)
07. Thomas Gandey – The Piano Track
08 .Factory Floo r- Two Different Ways (Second Way)
09. Nicolas Jaar – Why Didn’t You Save Me?
Figure Of 8 – October Mixtape = Who’s this Figure Of 8 chap then? Who knows? All we know is he’s dropped 45 mins of deep groves that range from vocal Deep Hose, through ElectroPop, to Nu-Disco, keeping the late night vibe throughout.
01. Mickey Moonlight – Close To Everything
02. Friendly Fires – Hurting (Benoit And Sergio reMix)
03. Hannelauri – Europa (Dub)
04. Jack Dixon – Coconuts (Disclosure reMix)
05. Manare – Pearl (Chaos In The CBD reMix)
06. Joakim – Find A way (Soul Clap reMix)
07. Tyson – After You’re Gone (Joe Goddard reMix)
08. The Golden Filter – Shake
09. Oneohtrix Point Never – Replica