Pharao Black Magic – Winter Mix 2012 = We’ve got a whole hour here from Pharao Black Magic as their latest mixtape, designed to warm up the winter months, takes you on a journey through deep Disco and Retro House.
01. Jam Crew – Exotic Nations
02. Arcardis – Lost Days
03. The Other Tribe – Sing With Your Feet (Dub Mix)
04. Fenech-Soler – All I Know (Waifs & Strays Long Version)
05. Ian Pooley – Compurhythm (Dixon 4 4 Treatment)
06. OOFT! – LGB
07. CamelPhat – Right Now
08. Kolombo – Get So Hot
09. Waze & Odyssey – Love That (Burns Hot Enough)
10. Kyodai – Shakin (The Revenge Remix)
11. Benoit & Sergio – New Ships
12. The African Dream – Make A Living
01. Pompeya – Power (Mario Basanov Dub)
02. Downtown Party Network – The Returning (Time And Space Machine reMix)
03. Daniel Bortz – Rescue Me
04. Four Walls -No Use (Craig Bratley’s Bootleg Mix)
05. Booka Shade – Tomorrow Belongs To Us (ACME reMix)
06. Breach – You Won’t Find Love Again
07. Andre Crom – Back To The Future (Monte reMix)
08. Tigerskin – In Public
09. Fela Kuti – Egbe Mi O (Frank Booker Edit)
10. King DJ – Love Is Raining Down (Wilbur reMix)
11. Danny Daze – Zone
12. Blende – Fake Love (Living Islands Dub)
Here’s another track from the awesome Kitsuné Soleil album. Swiss outfit Pharao Black Magic haven’t graced these pages for a fair few months, but this new track is about to be featured, alongside appearing on Soleil, on an upcoming DJs compilation from Future Classic as well as Future Classic releasing the track on an EP of it’s own.
The Ghostape featuring Hermes, eased us into the the Soleil album, being featured early on and it’s laid back, no worries, Disco groove and slight Indie sensibilities. The track rolls with a Tropical vibe layering tight guitar licks with laid back squelchy synths that all seems to blend into one another to create a comforting wave of boogie.
01. Jupiter – One O Six (JVNLS reMix)
02. Sare Havlicek – 12 Fingered Chime
03. Debukas – Golden Mind
04. Total Contrast – Takes A Little Time (Nelue Rework)
05. Debonair – Why
06. Science Frontiers – Red Dust
07. South West Seven – What Have I Got To Do?
08. Cosmonauts – Stardust (Linntronix reMix)
09. Crazy P – Changes (Hot Toddy reMix)
10. Alex Metric – Anybody Else
11. The Supermen Lovers – Say No More (A.N.D.Y. reMix)
12. Adana Twins – Everyday
13. Softwar – Taken Liberty
We’ve been waiting for the release for a while now and it’s a stormer. Parisian Sylvain Dalido get’s into a synthetic Disco state of mind with a laid back electronic sound packed with vintage synths and Disco licks. On the reMix is a whole bunch of our favourite producers. Australian Dreamwave master Muffin, who has been away far too long, drops a delicious retro beach party of a tune, mixing up the Disco and the ‘80’s, which just highlight why we need to hear more from this man. Pharao Black Magic get their analog Disco groove on with a deep bass driven slice of slo-mo electronic Funk. Robotaki’s contribution is a wonderful mix of everything good in Nu-Disco and SynthWave with a strong Moog Funk rhythm section, twisting lead lines and shimmering retro chords fit of a perfect sunset.
Here it is, the long, long, long awaited new single from French Dreamwave/ElectroPop outfit Walter Sobcek.
‘Miami’ may have been released just as Summer is drawing to a close but within the first minute you’re put straight back into a long summer nights frame of mind. ‘Miami’ is pure, smooth, ElectroPop which leans a surprising amount on acoustic guitar, but this just adds to the hazy nostalgia of the track. Pharao Black Magic are amongst the reMix contributors. their effort brings more of a solid synthesizer Disco vibe to the tune and makes for a nice dancefloor compliment to the originals beach groove.
Edwin Van Cleef doesn’t release nearly enough music, it seems like years since his last EP, although maybe he takes his time to make things perfect, ‘cos his new EP, ‘Never Be Alone At Night’ completely nails it.
Hitting up Tom Gavin from Chicago’s awesome Gemini Club for vocals is an inspired move the title track is amazingly slick vocal Nu-Disco track that’s backed up by two more original tracks, ‘Triton’ a Tropical-Sci-Fi-Acid-Disco jam and the retro night drive that is ‘I Feel You’. the reMix talent that contributes to the EP is nothing to be scoffed at either. Blue Satellite deliver a beautiful mid-tempo chilled take on the title tune with loads of synthesizer soul with Ugly Kids bring us the straight-up good time Disco version that injects the EP with some added Funk. Pharao Black Magic take on ‘Triton’ and create a head on collision between Moog Funk and the track Acid roots.
All in all this EP is highly recommended.
♫ Edwin Van Cleef (Feat. Gemini Club) – Never Be Alone At Night
Pharao Black Magic have released the lead track from their forthcoming ‘Heliopolis’ EP for your listening pleasure.
‘The Eye Of Horus’ is a bouncy synthesizer Disco joint that shows off this duos skills both at groove and melody. I have a feeling that this track will be heating up many people’s summers, it’s pretty Sc-fi Disco cosmic but have a nice sunrise quality to it too, largely due to the laid back piano running thorough. The EP drops in a couple of weeks, just in time for the tail end of festival season.
The duo have managed to make an Electro Disco track that is deep and electronic on one hand and summery cheesy fun on the other. You’re never quite sure whether you’re supposed to be nodding your head and appreciating it as a fan of synth music, or going nuts regardless of your surroundings. So why not do both? If this is the B-Side, we can’t wait for the rest of the EP.
01. Imagination – So Good, So Right
02. Max Essa (Feat. D.C. Mathias) – How Do You Feel?
03. The Heels Of Love – Cosmo
04. Mike Salta – Escape From Rico Bay (Sare Havlicek reMix)
05. Drop Out Orchestra (Feat. :kinema:) – All The Time We Need (JD73 reMix)
06. Francis Inferno Orchestra – Horizon Beat
07. Art Of Tones – Too Much
08. Yelle – Que Veux Tu (Logo reMix)
09. Shindu – Happy House (Midnight Savari reMix)
10. Mario Basanov (Feat. Miss Bee) – Just Think About (Social Disco Club & Mirror People reMix)
11. Processory – Recovery Measures (Hannulelauri Dub)
12. Junior Boys – Banana Ripple