Bag Raiders – Best Party Never (A Bag Raiders mix) = Currently in LA, working on their sophomore album, one of Australia’s finest outfits, Bag Raiders, took the time to put together this euphoric hour and a half of Disco and House, ranging from the soulful to the full-on hypnotic.
♫ Bag Raiders – Best Party Never (A Bag Raiders mix)
01. Classixx – A Fax from the Beach
02. Chris Malinchak – If U Got It
03. Jonas Rathsman – Bringing You Down
04. Telonius – Old Toy (Stefano Ritteri reMix)
05. Klangkarussell – Sonnentanz (Phonique reMix)
06. Seasfire – How Do You Sleep? (MiGHty mOUse reMix)
07. Breach Vs. Dark Sky – The Click
08. Hot Since ‘82 – Mr. Drive
09. Justin Martin And Eats Everything – Feather Fight
10. Anna Lunoe And Touch Sensitive – Real Talk (Cassian reMix)
11. Playmode – Ultrasonic
12. FCL – It’s You (Redondo’s Beat Mix)
13. Justin Martin – Ruff Stuff (DJ Version)
14. Ben Pearce – What I Might Do (Club Edit)
15. Monkey Safari – Hi Life (Ole Biege reMix)
16. Luciano – Rise of Angel (Andrea Oliva reMix)
17. Pedro Mercado & Karada (Feat. Zoe Xenia) – You Take Me There (Rodriguez Jr. Alt reMix)
18. Butch – Sweet In The Morning
19. Dauwd – Acireams (Original Mix)
20. Attune – Rising (Alex Q reMix)
Bag Raiders – Nova November Mix = Australia’s finest, Bag Raiders, put together a classic mix of some of the choice cuts of the past few months. All blended together in bag Raiders perfect rise and fall style. Listen in for some Housy Nu-Disco sounds to inject a little summer into your chilly November (although Australia’s November is apparently scorching, if rainy)
01. Miike Snow – Staring At The Wave (Flight Facilities reMix)
02. 2 Bears – Bear Hug (Softwar reMix)
03. Osunlade – Envision (Chocolate Puma reMix)
04. Justin Faust – Girl Talk
05. Disclosure – Latch (T. Williams Club Edit)
06. Jessie Ware – No To Love (Todd Edwards Mix)
07. Mario Basanov – Damn Girl (walker And Royce reMix)
08. What So Not – Love Theme
09. Playmode – Ultrasonic
10. Duke Dumont – Reclamation Of Trance
This huge reMix of, one of my favourite bands, Bag Raiders’ ‘Snake Charmer’ has been a staple of Cassian’s DJ sets for almost a year now, so it’s pretty exciting that he’s just been given the go-ahead to release it to the world.
This mix plays around with the tracks lead riff, then goes crazy with the percussion. It’s a track that strikes me as a big summer festival tune that would go down a storm with 20,000 other people in a muddy field. Maybe this summer we’ll see just such a happening.
Bag Raiders new single, the third from their amazing self-titled début album, will be ‘Not Over’. Check the video here.
One of the more groovin’ tracks on the album get’s a deep club makeover from Eli Escobar. The House vibe runs throughout this reMix culminating with some big House piano for the finale. Couple that with some B-Boy beats and you have a killer tune.
Easily two of our favourite artists of recent times clash on this reMix from Monarchy’s forthcoming ‘I Won’t Let Go’ reMix package. Bag Raiders pull back the speed and drop a deep Italo track with nod than a small nod to early 90’s House, which is odd at first but really gets under your skin. this reMix is a bit like being drunk, the more you get the more you want!
♫ Monarchy (Feat. Rokhsan) – I Won’t Let Go (Bag Raiders remix)
‘I Won’t Go’ is released 11th April on Moda. Mustang and Sam Tiba coming soon.
Australian Nu-Disco.ElectroPop geniuses Bag Raiders are finally gracing Europe with a string of live shows!
For those of us in this part of the world this is pretty exciting and pretty eagerly awaited. Both the album and the track ‘Way Back Home’ made it into out top 20 albums and tracks of 2011, so the prospect of seeing the duo with their full live show has us itching with impatience.
Check them out near you:
29th Apr London, England @ XOYO
30th Apr Holland @ Festival De Schuit
30st Apr Barcelona, Spain @ Razzmatazz
05th May Munich, Germany @ Baby Club
06th May Saarbrucken, Germany @ Blau Night Club
07th May Berlin, Germany @ Magnet
12th May Zurich, Switzerland @ Hive Club
13th May Brighton, England @ The Great Escape
19th May Stuttgart, Germany
20th May Athens, Greece @ Anorak Festival @ Club Mylos
21st May Stockholm, Sweden @ Debaser Medis
16th July London, England @ Main Stage @ Lovebox
22nd July Huntingdon, England @ Secret Garden Party
In the meantime get your ears ‘round these two reMixes of ‘Sunlight’ we haven’t featured before byArmand Van Helden and TieDye, both take an amazing track straight to the dancefloor, the don’t even bother to buy it a drink!
♫ Bag Raiders – Sunlight (Armand Van Helden reMix)
♫ Bag Raiders – Sunlight (TieDye-Mix)
‘Sunlight’ is taken from Bag Raider’s album, on Modular, out now:
Next week sees the release of awesome Aussie ElectroPop duo Bag Raiders’s self titles début album over here in the UK.
If you’ve already imported it you’ll know it’s a stunning body of work. Funky, powerful and consistently catchy, it’s 11 tracks of some of the best produced ElectroPop you’ll hear all year. It even made our top 20 albums of 2010!
Following the album will be the single release of ‘Sunlight’, including this reMix from Stopmakingme, who strips the track down to a solid groove to highlight the vocoding. Great stuff!
It’s got cool ElectroPop, Dancefloor sensibilities, and a monkey in the video. I get the feeling Bag Raiders’ forthcoming new single ‘Sunlight’ is gonna’ do well.
The reMix package has got one or two gems contained within too. Check this mix by fellow Australians G.L.O.V.E.S.. You know the G.L.O.V.E.S. name is a mark of quality and what you get here is no exception. Smooth Nu-Disco sounds to while away the night with a shuffling beat. this is the stuff to make you forget about the cold and dance in the snow!