Belgian drum machine master ATTAR!’s latest reMix is released this week. As part of the reMix package for Coma Coast1989/The Ritual double A-side, Renaud Deru injects a little strobe-light vibe into the ElectroPop release. Get ready for a hypnotic club stormer.
Going deep into the roots of House, ATTAR! serves up a little Chicago and a little Detroit in this warehouse collision. the machine beauty of early Techno meets the hedonistic groove of early House, replete with pulsating Bleep House basslines and doomy vocals. Taking the tunes title literally, this reMix perfectly conjures an underground late 80s mood, when the beats were raw and the bass heavy.
ATTAR! – M!X#16 = Kicking off the Belgian Electro master ATTAR!’s latest mixtape is his new reMix for Coma Coast, the mix then descends into an hour of pounding electronic grooves with a woozy Deep House flavour.
The Fool is the new single from Belgian synthetic Disco maestro ATTAR!. Released later in the month on Eskimo Recordings, The Fool is actually the début solo release from ATTAR!, ex-one half of Mustang, despite the fact that it seems otherwise. ATTAR! has been entertaining us with tracks, reMixes and mixtapes for months now, his last original release being the free Folivora Parade.
Featuring vocals from Cherry, The Fool walks the line between slowed down robotic Disco and Italo in order to deliver a steady tune that’s a brooding as it is funky. With a slightly Killer-esque bassline, heavy on the synths, the track serves up an almost 80s SynthPop feel that is just faintly brushed with a Disco groove to make it dancefloor palatable. Possibly the best of both worlds. The B-side, Colibri, ups the tempo somewhat for a jackin’ House jam that hit’s just the right floorfilling notes. The single comes equipped with a reMix from Pete Oak, definitely worth checking out.
Here’s the next track from the reMix companion to Brooklyn synth wizard Chrome Canyon’s utterly amazing album Elemental Themes. Elemental reMixes is out next week and having heard the Chateau Marmont reMix of Elemental Themes big single Generations, we can now wrap our ears around this version of the mind warping Memories Of A Scientist by Belgium’s finest ATTAR!.
The track is a really interesting blend of ATTAR!’s robo-Disco House sound and Chrome Canyon’s proggy synth excursions. If fact, we’d go so far as to say that ATTAR! leans somewhat toward the latter for his adventures in 70s synth music. With all the drama of majestic SynthWave the reMix builds and builds, both musically and the tension, before launching into a Moroder-esque late 70s electronic Disco workout. Taking Chrome Canyon’s flair for vintage synth opuses and running with it, taking the originals Sci-Fi mystery straight to the dancefloor, and the result is stunning. Part vintage synth Disco, part 70s Sci-Fi TV theme, part prog rock solo, we’d be quite happy if all electronic music sounded like this.
♫ Chrome Canyon – Memories Of A Scientist (ATTAR! reMix)
Chrome Canyon’s Elemental reMixes is released 9th April on Stones Throw Records.
ATTAR! – M!X#11 = ATTAR!’s new mixtape is in the house! Once again this month’s mix is a storming snapshot of what’s shaking right now. Get your ears round ATTAR!’s pick of the best disco and House around.
01. FCL – It’s You (San Soda Panorama Bar Accap.) 02. Benoit & Sergio – Bridge So Far 03. Asaf Avidan – Different Pulse (Joris Delacroix reMix) 04. Jimmy & Fred – I see The Light (Karmon reMix) 05. Fusty Delight – We Hold It (Pleasure Machine reMix) 06. Grizzly Bear – Gun Shy (Lindstrøm reMix) 07. Kris Menace (Feat. Robert Owens) – Trusting Me (Clinton Brown reMix) 08. Disclosure – White Noise (Dub Mix) 09. Alico Vs Cagri Les Alico – Les Mondes Engloutis (Psychemagik 5 A.M reMix) 10. Coma – Bette Davis Eyes 11. Deniz Kurtel – Thirteen Thirtyfive (Ruya reMix) 12. Rachel Row – Follow The Step (Kink Beat Mix)
ATTAR! – M!X#10 = ATTAR!’s new mixtape has just dropped and it;s loaded with killer tunes. not the same old stuff you find on every mixtape, ATTAR! really digs deep into the worlds of Deep House and Disco grooves. This one really holds your attention.
01. Tanner Ross – Straight to the Moon 02. Frank & Ton – Worked (Steve Bug Rmx) 03. Marcello Giordani – Comin’ Down 04. Rob Made (Feat P.Simpson) – The Way I See 05. Romanthony – Bring U Up (PBR Streetgang) 06. Logo – Giv Mo Luv (Boston Bun Rmx) 07. Miguel Puente – Together (Wildkats Rmx) 08. Ajello – Sabrer (Hannulelauri Rmx) 09. Barnt – Geffen (Philipp Gorbachev Rmx) 10. Tedd Patterson – Grooveline 11. The Shack – One And Only (Faze Action Dub) 12. Drop Out Orchestra – Disco Me (DJ Rocca Rmx) 13. Rudy’s Midnight Machine – Open To Your Love 14. Phonique & Sharam Jey – Special! 15. Tiga – Plush (Ame reMix)
We dropped Aeroplane’s reMix of our second favourite Giorgio Moroder song, From Here To Eternity (MB Disco having already released a reMix package of our favourite, E=mc², great minds an all…), last week. Now the single is out in the wild take a listen to the released other killer tune, a reworking of the song from Belgium’s finest ATTAR!.
ATTAR!’s take on the tune is pretty different from Vito’s. Vintage analog Disco abounds, slickly combined with a summery Tropical vibe. The track is actually a big of a schizophrenic beast, at times the Island percussion and chimed lead are total sunshine Indie-Electro, and at other times these big SynthWave chords power in morphing the tune into a dark Electro growler, and then there’s moments of pure House. Maybe in lesser hands this would have been a confused mess, but the many facets of the track are so skilfully handled by ATTAR! that strange bedfellows sound perfectly suited to one another. Just wait for the soaring solo to kick in. ATTAR! has done an amazing job here, creating a reMix both danceable and rousing. And, yes, it’s that picture of Moroder again, what?
♫ Giorgio Moroder – From Here To Eternity (ATTAR! reMix)
Giorgio Moroder Vs. MB Disco: From Here To Eternity is out now.
ATTAR! – M!X#9 = ATTAR!’s latest mix! that;s just what the doctor ordered. An engaging hour of soulful electronic and Disco awesomeness. The most interesting point being ATTAR!’s own reMix of out second favourite Giorgio Moroder track, From Here To Eternity, to be released in the coming weeks.
01. Flume (Feat. Jezzabell Doran) – Sleepless 02. Major Lazer – Get Free (Adriatique’s Lazers Never Die Rework) 03. Manik (Feat. Jeremy Glenn) – Parasol 04. Paul Weller – That Dangerous Age (Battle Of The Zoo) (Fossa Mix) 050. Pompeya – Power (Zimmer reMix) 06. Mickey (Feat. Billie) – Weekend 07. Theatre Of Delays – Sophie 08. Alex Metric – Rave Weapon (Aeroplane ‘Droid’ reMix) 09. Punks Jump Up & Dubka – Feels Good 10. Giorgio Moroder – From Here To Eternity (ATTAR! reMix) 11. Michoacan – D.S.S.G. (Dubka reMix) 12. Aeroplane (Feat. Jamie Principle) – In Her Eyes (Louis La Roché reMix) 13. Two Door Cinema Club – Sun (Alex Metric reMix)
It’s weird to think that Folivora Parade is Belgian Nu-Disco guru ATTAR!’s début single. Coming equipped with the credentials of being one half of excellent analog Disco duo Mustang, ATTAR! has been wowing is for the past year with a succession of well-received mixtapes and some of the best reMixes of the past twelve months. Adamski, The Gossip, Citizens! and Appaloosa can all count themselves amongst those who have been graced with ATTAR!’s smooth electronic grooves.
But now the time has come for the man to unleash his first original release on the world. We’ve heard snippets of Folivora Parade before, and now it;s out in all it’s glory. For free too. It’s a laid back, Tropical jam that drops some nice late ‘80’s House elements into the mix. Adding some steel drum like leads and 727 sounding percussion to the tune brings the island feel, but that’s held on a European House base alongside some mysterious synth tones in the background. All this results in a track with real depth and an interesting opening salvo.
ATTAR!- M!X#8 = Wow, ATTAR! puts so much work into his mixtapes, it’s not all really obvious stuff, and the last track, a special ATTAR! edit is something special. Expect over an hour of deep Housey grooves and bassy Disco sounds.
01. Spagna – Easy Lady (Lady Jane & Simon Le Saint Edit)
02. Baby Prince (Feat. Lonely C.) – Nobody (Miguel Campbell Club Mix)
03. Shindu – Just Go
04. Hot Chip – How Do You Do? (Todd Terje reMix)
05. Booka Shade – Tomorrow Belongs To Us (Extended Version)
06. Ry & Frank Wiedemann – Howling (Âme reMix)
07. Martin Dawson (Feat. Roland Clark ) – Back To The Future (Monte reMix)
08. Duke Dumont – The Giver
09. Stephane Deschezeaux – Changes
10. Karin Park – Thousand Loaded Guns (Southern Cross)
11. L.V. (Feat. Kim Wild) – The Nights Without Kim Wild (A! Edit)